Friday, December 10, 2010

Tis the Season to be...broke? Yikes

It's one of my favorite times of the year....I absolutely LOVE sitting around in the evening with the Christmas tree just gently lighting the room....barely noticing it but knowing it's there providing a sense of comfort. I've always loved the Christmas tree being up. I used to beg my mom "Can we go get the tree TONIGHT???" And she'd be like "Let's go tomorrow." Then, tomorrow would come and I'd say "Tonight?" She'd sigh and be like "Alright....let's go (get this over with!)." I get it...now as an adult who is exhausted after work, but I still get excited and a burst of energy when I think about putting it up. I love the store windows decorated, I love the city streets decorated, I love the entire feeling December provides, all leading up to Christmas. I love going to church and feeling comfort there, with the advent candles and talking about Jesus's birth...and hearing about a live nativity with camels! Real-life camels! How amazing. And to add to all of this, I get to go out to stores and find perfect gifts for my family and friends. I love this! And TJ Maxx and Home Goods I can thank for providing me with those perfect gifts!

However, this year I seem to have gone broke. Here I am, still 5 days from payday, and I'm thinking "Crap, what will I pay for gas with...my business account, my personal account, or my checking account back home that I never use? Hmmm." I hate that. I hate being worried about money. But, I think I've figured it out. Moving into my new, amazing loft has come with a hefty price tag. Not only is rent $200 more a month, I pay for laundry and I have had (HAD? right...who is forcing me??) to buy some furniture and items (new tv, awesome chair, entertainment center, chest for the bathroom, stools for the island, area rug...shall I continue? NO...because no one is sympathizing with me!) So, when it came to me getting away from my selfish shopping, I went a little broke. That's ok because I got a nice present (not really, but it is nice timing) from my car loan saying I could skip a payment this month...yippee!!! Also, I'll be collecting some pretty coin here in a couple of weeks for the many paintings I've been doing. Double YIPPEE! So, no worries family and friends, I'll be getting all of you taken care of just in time for a grand ol' Christmas! Wrapping has been my duty lately and to say the least...it's not amazing. :(

Oh, and next week, I'm having a holiday/Christmas break/"loft"-warming celebration and having around 25-30 people over for drinks and food...so, I gotta stock up there, too! I can't wait though...I hardly ever host and I'm so excited to have all of my friends over. It's pretty exciting to see all of the people who are attending because it's such a great feeling to know your friends put it on the priority list during such a busy season. And to those who can't come, I'm not mad atcha...I wish you could come but I know it's also "Tis the season to be attend every DANG holiday party in town!" Seasons Greetings, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment