Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Mutts are now specialty breeds!?

So I'm working with an old friend of mine from high school who now owns pet stores and wants some of my artwork for his stores. We talked about doing a "trade" for my work, and me getting a French Bulldog puppy. (YAY) I was looking at his puppy inventory and am seriously laughing in disbelief at how people are breeding MUTTS and demanding big bucks for them. Some of the names I'm finding are:

Yorkie Poo
Bugg
Morkie
Teddy Bear
Cavachon
Cockalier
Pekatese
Shih-Poo (really??)
Yorkie-Chon
Shin-Chon
Cavapoo
French Pug
Yorkie Pom
French Bull/Puggle

I mean, really folks...these are MUTTS and we are churchin them up (thank you, Joe Dirt) to seem like these fancy new breeds. Yes, I like my puppies like the rest of the world, but just putting a fancy price tag on a not-so-fancy item never works. However, puppies are adorable and this time, churchin it up might work for some of those softies. I also noticed "puppy financing" with no credit check--everyone is approved! Nice, for the owner of the store, but not so nice for softies, again. I'll be checking that inventory regularly for my own little, cream French Bulldog! YAY YAY YAY! Tana's getting a little brother or sister whether she likes it or not...my guess, she will NOT like it. Oh well...mama's gotta get paid, and what better paycheck than a cute little puppy face??

No comments:

Post a Comment