Monday, July 19, 2010

Pessimist vs. Optimist

Ok, so does being a "realist" tend to fall closer towards the pessimist side of the scale? That's what I like to think I am...a realist. I look at the reality of a situation and the reality of a REAL outcome. I don't like to dream about happy endings, because I believe there will be sad endings and there will be happy endings...you know, the whole balancing out that our universe does. So, if I don't dream about happy endings, then I won't be so extra disappointed when a sad ending rears its ugly head. AND....I'll be so extra excited and appreciative when a happy ending surprises me! See..that's not a negative or pessimistic view on things. Nor is it optimistic, just realistic.

Ok, so why I'm bringing this up is because I've watched 3 episodes of the Bachelorette this year. Tonight, last week, and the very first one just to see all the bachelors and judge who she should keep based on physical appearance and first impressions. That's fun. Anyway, I'm just always baffled at how everyone always happens to have bonds and "strong feelings that have never happened this fast before" every season. So that must be Hollywood's touch. I'm sitting here watching her splash around in the water with Roberto and Chris, on different days of course, but totally being lovey-dovey with both like they are her boyfriends. I just don't get it. How can she look at both of them like partners of hers in a relationship without feeling guilty for "cheating" on the other? Is it because it's socially acceptable on the show because that's what it's about? I guess my morals step in there and that's why I'm not the Bachelorette. I mean, that IS the only reason I haven't been asked to be the Bachelorette. :)

I just don't get how they honestly feel that proposals are even near necessary or appropriate at the "end of the show". And don't GET me started about the invitations "should you choose to fore go your individual rooms, please use this key to share the fantasy suite..." This little sloot is spending the night with both guys so far, and shows her taking off Roberto's shirt in the room. And now Chris is saying he loves her! Wow. I'm impressed....she has gotten 2 of 3 guys to fall in love with her in a few weeks or a couple months..whatever the duration of the show is. Ahhh, I've gotten sucked in even though I've heard the spoilers, I'm here, watching the Bachelorette on a Monday night and blogging about it. If I'm not a sucker, then I don't know who is.

p.s. Roberto is H-O-T. And I've called that one from the moment he stepped out of the limo, THEN to find out he is a baseball player and lives in Charleston, SC?!? Wow...they are speaking my language now.

No comments:

Post a Comment