Saturday, July 31, 2010

Commitment-phobe

What's the technical term I'm searching for, folks? I don't know. But apparently, I am a commitment-phobe. Why, you may ask? Well, it's not about relationships with men....no no, quite the contrary. I love men, well, the right ones. And really, have I met any of the right ones? Of course. The right ones for that period in time. However, I'm talking blog-phobe. I wanted to give short entries about daily ridiculous things I observed, and I can't even commit to it. They don't have to be long entries, just something ridiculous that is an observation. Such as, this has been a burning issue with me for a long time and kind of prompted my blog "Daily Dang".

Cyclists. I get it and I love it....GO GREEN....save $ and the environment! And I love riding my bike to get exercise while saving money. However, the rules of the cyclist pretty much "p me off". Ok, so you want to be treated with the same respect cars are? Driving in lanes, using arm "signals" (not blinkers, but still), etc. BUT....you don't want to have the same rules for traffic signals? BS. I simply say BS! If you want to ride in my lane and slow me down, then by golly, you WILL stop at the red light or stop sign and WAIT til it is your legal turn to proceed. I hate that. They gripe gripe gripe about not being treated equally (or so I ASSUME they gripe because I must have derived that from SOME truth!! he he), and then you go all high and mighty on us and ignore the Rules of the Road. Hello, I took Drivers Ed in high school and I passed with flying colors. That booklet is mandatory for all.

So, if you want to ride with the big dogs (cars), you better run with the big dogs and their rules!

Anyway, back to commitment-phobia. It's not that I'm scared of committing to a daily blog, I just haven't. Isn't that what most people say about being noncommittal to relationships..."I just haven't yet...it's not a phobia!"It's not. And actually, I'm going to be more mindful of committing to this baby I've made. It's time to grow up and be committed to what I've started. From here on out, I'm a blogger...daily, hopefully. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment