Sunday, June 26, 2011

Dawson's Creek

So I've figured out that being a teacher has some great perks, along with some not so great "perks", but one big one is having the summer off to watch Dawson's Creek episodes! Yes, this is my summer ritual. No, they don't always have the season I need ready for check out at the local library, but I've been able to catch up starting this summer with Season 3. This is the season that begins with Eve...the eve-l Eve. I watched a few episodes featuring Eve, and I got really annoyed by the slow jazzy saxophone music they played when ever Eve entered the scene.

It's actually pretty funny to watch this show. It is definitely nostalgic, the reason I watch it, but it's funny to see how far they've come with story lines, production, etc. It's just funny to watch it 10 years later, with very different eyes. I think "oh my gosh, why are they so dramatic?!" then think I must've been the same way at that time...the reason I loved this show originally: I could relate.

A friend was watching it with me Friday night and he had never even HEARD of the show. I about fell out!!! Who HASN'T heard of the show?! And he's around my age. We were blessed with the "Witch Island" episode...possibly the cheesiest of cheesy episodes in the entire series' life. I said "We can watch something else." And he said (already hooked on the Dawson's Creek charm) "No, I like making fun of it." Mmmm hmm, he didn't have to admit it, but I knew he actually was enjoying the show. I think he was watching more intensely than I was! I let it slide but was just happy to see DC still had it after all these years.

Additionally, I was at Big Lots (a personal fave of mine) last Sunday and found the DC Series Finale on DVD for $3! How awesome! I snatched up that puppy and watched it as soon as I got home! How I had forgotten so much from that episode. And I must now share the story of the night when the finale aired. Jodi and I were living together in Devonshire Apartments back home. We invited over Sweet to have a "finale party" because us 3 LOVED DC. Sweet arrived just in time to watch a horrible storm roll in. As DC started, we had tornado sirens ringing all over town, but no tornado, just wind and rain. Then, DC would flicker on and off and we'd all yell in unison "NO!!!!" because this was before DVR existed, not that it would matter since the cable was in and out! Ahhhh, memories....

Thank you Dawson's Creek and all your cast for getting us through our high school and college years!

No comments:

Post a Comment