Sunday, May 23, 2010

It's gonna be a 7th grade summer!



At first, you may think "Oh! She's teaching 7th grade summer school!" Heck no. I'm job-free this summer, thank you very much. However, I mean it's gonna be a 7th grade summer when we lived on our bikes and didn't get off of them except to eat, lounge, or when the "street lights came on". Yes, folks, I'm getting a bike today! I'm so excited. See, Friday night, some co-worker pals and I hung out and had a few refreshing bevs along with an intense catchphrase tournament. We had to switch it up each round because otherwise, Codie and I would've DOMINATED big time. Anyway, Codie fetched some pies from Little Caesar's (yes, this is the 2nd time I've mentioned LC's in my blog posts, which is so weird because I have rarely even thought of LC's before!), so me and Ferrell decided to go cruisin on bikes. It was so dang fun, I can't believe I haven't bought a bike since, well my pre-16 years.

So I get on Craig's List and search. I find a pretty sweet ride, only $50. So I email the owner, he still has it and I am calling him after 5 today to get directions and pick up my early birthday present to yours truly. I'm telling you...I'm LIVING on that bike this summer! Getting to the pool, courtesy of Big Blue (it's a bright blue Schwinn with a new gel seat, thank you Mr. Bike Seller Man), trips to meet my friend, Dara, for coffee, courtesy of Big Blue, maybe having an afternoon Summer Shandy on Mass Ave, courtesy of Big Blue....and of course, fun rides with any of my bike-owning companions.



I overheard a girl at Starbucks the other night say "I don't drive anywhere any more. I only ride my bike. When I first started biking, I lost weight and couldn't stop! I lost 20 lbs, and then started building muscle." DING DING DING DING! That's all I needed to hear. BUILDING MUSCLE! This bod needs some toning so bike=nonflabby, I'll take it! Here's to building muscle, living like I'm 13 again, and SUMMER, my favorite time of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment