Monday, May 17, 2010

Piddle Pad

So, I have a dog. She is almost 12 years old (even though her records show TWO birthdays...) and in the past couple or few years, her new hobby has become peeing inside. She loves to do this! So, I've used piddle pads for ages, but they really get costly for how popular her hobby has become, and I felt bad thinking of landfills with her piddle pads (they could be filling their own landfill!). So, I saw the "green alternative", a pad that could be thrown in the washing machine and washed up to 300 times, for about $25. So, yea, I bought it! First few times, awesome! Then I washed and washed a few more, and the stupid thing started to leak wetness, not a full stream of urine, but the wetness was seeping through and ruining the wood floor. (Luckily, I rent, but still...DEPOSIT!? But really, that leads me to a whole NEW blog post!)

The pad came with a guarantee, so they had UPS pick it up and they inspected it, then sent a new one out to me. Great, you are probably thinking. No, this one is just as awful, if not worse, because I came home Thursday and moved the pad to wash it, and low and behold, there is a new permanent "tattoo" on the wood floor in front of the kitchen sink...it seems to resemble a certain rectangular PAD that was previously there. UGH! How awful!? I've let it air out, no good...still BLACK. I would post a pic but not sure the ol' Dell laptop is going to allow such shenanigans. Oh, and how could I forget to mention the wonderful scent? The pad is supposed to be good for a few "potties" then washed. I absolutely cannot stand the urine odor any more. But, am I supposed to wash it more often and have the 300 washes be done in like 2 months? I don't know. Why can't the ridiculous dog just go potty outside? This would really solve a lot of issues.

1 comment:

  1. Have you seen these? I haven't used one but it looks promising. https://www.pottypatch.com/

    ReplyDelete