Thursday, June 24, 2010

Not so much "Music to my ears"

You know what I can't stand? Well, a lot of things, let's be honest. As I type, one huge thing that I can't stand is when my dog gets obsessive about licking the CARPET the WOOL CARPET (well, rug). She licks so much that she gets herself right into a licking trance. So annoying, and she doesn't need to do it. Not only will she lick the wool rug, she'll lick any textile....her bed, the couch, a blanket nearby (which there never is b/c of this reason alone!)....it's gross. If I don't catch her right away, I'll see her bed later and it's soaked! Eww.

Anyway, something that seems like it should be "music to my ears" since it is indeed MUSIC, rather, it is NOT music to my ears is when people walk around with their cell phones on speaker to play the mp3 part of their phone! So, it's like their own personal radio but on BLAST so everyone around can (wrong word, HAS) to hear. A coworker friend of mine sometimes walks into the building in the morning with her phone blasting some song that is not my favorite :), and I call her out "Look, not everyone wants to hear that loud music at 7:45 am...that's what they make headphones for!" Now yes, I'm joking with her by exaggerating it, but I'm sure nuf making my point! She laughs and has some remark but then silences it. Maybe for a gift I'll buy her a pair of headphones because yes, I can hear her music waaaaaay down the hallway on many mornings.

So, I was on my way to Chicago a couple weeks ago. We stop at Arby's, and I go into the bathroom. I'm not lying...let me back up. First, as enter the parking lot, a huge Suburban has its front wheels up on the sidewalk/entrance to the building. Ridiculous...I should've taken a picture. I go into the bathroom and I hear offensively loud and not good music playing, I just assumed it was the overhead speakers. Nope. The girl next to me had her purse on the ground (disgusting) and had her cell phone blaring a song. I guess I don't get it. I love love love music, but can I go to the bathroom and grab some onion rings at Arby's without having it join me? Of course. So as I go to order the aforementioned onion rings, I got to see who belonged to the Suburban on the front step. There was a pizza party yes PIZZA (Little Caesar's to be exact) in the front part of the restaurant, complete with Walmart cupcakes. What part of this party was Arby's profiting from? Who knows. We got our grub and scrammed.

Moral...please, for the (non)listening pleasure of others, and for the sake of your ears to hear that music for years to come, turn....it.....down, dang! Or get headphones. Awesome, dude!

No comments:

Post a Comment