Sunday, June 13, 2010

Road Trippin'

It's amazing what you think about when you are road trippin' and becoming delirious while doing so for nine hours, or even 6. We set out on a road trip for a dear friend's wedding in Minnesota, and all I kept thinking is "if I were home, I could do this and that and then this," because nine hours is a long time. You catch yourself reminiscing and thinking of all kinds of things, it's crazy! This road trip took me back to fall of 1998 when I went to Winona State University in Winona, MN for a brief semester. It's funny how things just come rushing back into your head after 12 years (almost 12 years!). I remembered the scenery, the cities, the roads...it's like it was just stored in this little vault somewhere in my brain and it hadn't been accessed for a long time. BUT, it was just as good as new!

9 hours...for some, that is a work day. For others, that is a night's worth of sleep. For me, at different times in the year, it's both. Now, it's my sleep! I wanted to sleep and read, and barely did either. Oh, and how ironic, the song "Road Trippin'" by Red Hot Chili Peppers came up on the shuffle on my ipod so I had to show it some respect and play it out. Ya know, it's funny, we listened to the shuffle on my ipod the entire trip (until Jodi drove and only played country), and I have 2346 songs on my ipod. That's unreal! Now, yes, there are SEVERAL I don't really know and several I hate (like the dang Grease soundtrack!!), but I think of it as my own juke box so you gotta take the good with the bad.

Rochester, Minnesota....hmm, not too much to brag on there. Pretty much like a Danville, IL in Minnesota! However, we ate dinner Friday at an awesome place=Pescara. Had fab wine, lobster bisque, and a green apple and bleu cheese salad. Dee-lish! Hopefully you NEVER have to travel to Mayo Hospital, but if you do, check out Pescara.

I'm happy to be home, but I'm not really happy that my car's engine light popped up around Chicago. Grrr. I'm telling you...that VW Passat is starting to really drive me bon-KERS! I loved my last Passat, til it was totaled, I replaced it with a newer model, and nothing but lights lights lights pop up on that dash! Luckily, the warranty covers it, but still...it's annoying. At least the V-dub carried us safely, and I'm home in the Cuddler ready to watch the season premiere of True Blood. Oh, life is good....life IS GOOD!

1 comment:

  1. I feel the exact same way about my ipod! Funny! I made that drive to St. Mary's once...brutal! :)

    ReplyDelete