Monday, September 13, 2010

All I gotta say is DANG!

I've recently encountered a few DANG moments and I have got to blog about them. They are similar, yet very different as you soon will see (or read).

I've been searching for a place to rent, but I am always looking at things for sale, too. Regardless (not irregardless....that is not a word people!), the situation is the same here that made me say DANG! Ok, picture me rollin'...well, scrollin, through the listings on Craigslist and any other realty website. Here it is...WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU EVER TRY TO SELL A HOUSE OR RENT AN APARTMENT ONLINE WITHOUT PICTURES?!?! Oh my gosh, it's ridiculous. It's truly all based on looks. No, your description of "amazing" "breathtaking" "won't be available for long" do nothing for the actual leasing or buying of the place. I get it...your place is basically heaven on earth, and if so, then why are you leaving it? It's just that we all want to see what it's like. I'm definitely a very visual person, but I need some type of idea what it looks like. I don't want some 70's or 80's kitchen to match a 60's tiled bathroom. You may say "quaint" or "lots of charm in this gem" but give me the pictures and let me decide for myself. I would soooo appreciate it!

Secondly, how on earth does any sane or logical person truly believe that he will get any type of date on an online dating site without a picture?! He can't be sane then because I'm pretty sure that is the definition of insane. Then, to request to skip all of the guided communication steps and skip to emailing, still having no idea of who you are speaking to...just not my idea of fun. I archive those folks really quickly if they can't at least post 1 picture of them. And no, I'm not completely vain or basing things on looks, but if I join a dating site then I'm obviously doing it for ME and a physical attraction is important to me. There, I said it, and I'm proud of it. :)

Moral of this blog: Post a picture online, please. It saves us all a lot of trouble. Tons of thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment